As an integral part of the HQCA’s mandate to measure, monitor and report to Albertans about their experience and satisfaction with the quality of health services they receive, the HQCA surveys Albertans about their experience at select emergency departments (EDs) in the province. The survey data is combined with ED data to analyze and validate the patient experience of urgency and wait times.
FOCUS on Emergency Departments, our new online reporting tool, features 18 interactive charts that are updated quarterly (every three months) and presents administrative data as well as patient experience survey data.
Previously, the HQCA released technical reports in 2007, 2010 and 2013. Previous survey reports can be found in the left hand column of this page.
Currently, surveys are being conducted in the following emergency departments:
- Alberta Children’s Hospital, Calgary
- Chinook Regional Hospital, Lethbridge
- Drayton Valley Hospital and Care Centre, Drayton Valley
- Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary
- Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Edmonton
- Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, Medicine Hat
- Misericordia Community Hospital, Edmonton
- Northern Lights Regional Health, Fort McMurray
- Peter Lougheed Centre, Calgary
- Queen Elizabeth II, Grande Prairie
- Red Deer Regional Hospital, Red Deer
- Rockyview General Hospital, Calgary
- Royal Alexandra Hospital, Edmonton
- South Health Campus, Calgary
- Stollery Children’s Hospital, Edmonton
- Sturgeon Community Hospital, St. Albert
- University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton